Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First Week On Rotation....

The start of a 2012 new year brings some changes for our family... most noticeable being that for the next 8 months or so, Jeff is now in Jakarta two weeks out of the month, and 2 weeks here in Balikpapan.  We have never really considered "rotating" as an option for us, but we're going to try to make the best of it - the thing I keep thinking of is that it's only short-term, it's not forever.
Well, we've just finished our first week of this new set-up.  During the day is fine, because really, nothing has changed, for me it's mostly after the girls have gone to sleep and I have a long evening ahead of me in the quiet house.  I am downloading a lot of chick flicks to keep busy ;)  I mostly did some baking and reading this week, though I'm hoping to set up a corner for my scrapbooking, because I think that would be a good use of my evening time!!!!  Maybe I can get further than Sofia's first Christmas.... !
The girls didn't sleep very well all week, and then as soon as Jeff got home - boom! - sleeping 11 hours straight... so even though they asked where he was everyday, I think they didn't sleep as well knowing he wasn't here... I sure hope that changes though!  It could be long weeks for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment